Goi cuon (tofu rice-paper rolls)
The ingredient of Goi cuon (tofu rice-paper rolls)
- 110g (2/three cup) unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh pink chilli, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 80ml (1/three cup) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 150g company tofu, coarsely chopped
- 100g clean shiitake mushrooms, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 25g rice vermicelli noodles
- eight round (22cm-diameter) rice-paper sheets
- 8 toddler cos lettuce leaves
- sixteen clean mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts, extra, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Goi cuon (tofu rice-paper rolls)
- Process the peanuts in a food processor until a coarse paste paperwork. Heat half of the oil in a small saucepan over medium warmness. Cook the garlic and chilli, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the peanut, water, coconut milk and hoisin sauce. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmness to low. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens and is deep brown. Set apart to cool.
- Heat the final oil in a medium frying pan. Cook the tofu, mushroom and carrot for three mins or till tender. Stir inside the soy sauce and sugar. Set aside to chill barely.
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set apart for five minutes to melt. Drain. Soak 1 rice-paper sheet in heat water for 30 seconds or till tender. Place on a easy work floor. Place 1 lettuce leaf in the centre of the rice-paper sheet. Top with a heaped tablespoon of the tofu mixture, one-8th of the noodles and a couple of mint leaves. Fold within the ends and roll up firmly to enclose the filling. Repeat with the last rice-paper sheets, lettuce, tofu aggregate, noodles and mint to make 8 rice-paper rolls.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the chopped peanut. Serve with the peanut sauce.
Nutritions of Goi cuon (tofu rice-paper rolls)calories: 213.905 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7.5 grams protein